Wednesday, April 22, 2015

ANNA YIN









Anna Yin has authored five poetry books and won the 2005 Ted Plantos Memorial Award, two MARTY Awards and a 2013 CPAC Award.  Her poems and translations appeared in New York Times, Arc Poetry, CBC Radio, Rogers TV, China Daily, World Journal, Poetry in Transit, Rice Paper, Room, and more. Anna is the Ontario representative for the League of Canadian Poets and an International Feature Poet for 2015 Austin International Poetry Festival. Her “Poetry Alive” programs are welcomed at schools, colleges and libraries, especially for the Poets in Schools Program. Website: annapoetry.co.


Apples and Pears 

In addition to apples, 
I have a special feeling toward pears. 
I place them on the kitchen table, 
but fear to pare them. 
Soon they retreat to the wall of my living room. 

Occasionally appearing in my dreams
at the same time are my dearest lover,
and the other, a stranger. 
They are close, like the pair of pears 
in the painting, shadows overlapped. 

My hands slip in the moonlight, 
the bittersweet fruit flavor 
spreads in the cool night.


Note from Anna Yin:

***  Since this month is National Poetry Month and the theme is food and poetry, so here are two of my food poems which will be in my upcoming book "Seven Nights with the Chinese Zodiac" by Black Moss Press:

No comments:

Post a Comment