Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WILMA SEVILLE - A letter poem

                                                                          

Boots and Tiger

Dear Mistress,


I, Miss Tiger Cat, have a just complaint

But will you listen?



You ignore me, don’t pat me

Never brush me.

I rub against your leg

You rebuff me, I slink away



My mats stand out like flags

Dandruff falls like snowflakes, leaves a trail

My stench is unbearable.



I cannot run away from myself

I cannot shed my skin like a snake

It would be shameful to be seen naked

Who would want me then?



My litter box is a disgrace

In short, it stinks for weeks on end.

I ask you now, WHY AM I SO UNJUSTLY TREATED?

I have feelings too!



I KNOW, I’ll start a union.

‘KATS RULE” will be its name

Down with humans!

We’ll march on all four paws to Ottawa

Take over the country!



We are black, white, orange, grey

We are ALL one in solidarity.

We’ll change our world, one human at a time

Starting with you, my unthinking mistress!



“KATS RULE” – NEVER FORGET IT!





Copyright©WilmaSeville2012


EDITOR'S NOTE:  I learned this style of writing a letter poem at the JewishLiterary Festival on Sunday.  It was great fun for me to write.  Needless to say, the two cats above are not the subject of this poem! 














 



























No comments:

Post a Comment