Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MARTY (BEERS) MESHBERG.



On Love


Love offers itself
in purity
and without guile.
In perfect honesty
risks the sacrifice
of mind and
lays bare
the soul,
prostrates humbly
before that which
holds power
to condemn, reject and destroy.

All this
love does
for a taste of bliss-
for love itself,
returned.





Martha Meshberg
Copyright ©2002







Marty Beers Meshberg






Martha (Beers) Meshberg

My artistic expression is motivated by my deep love of nature and it's infinite beauty.  As well, my devotion to the writings of The Báb, Bahá 'u' lláh, 'Abdu'l-Bahá and the many Holy Texts of the world, inspire and deepen my work.

I am  a singer, painter, poet and musician.
In my earlier years, (1958-1972 )  I performed professionally with The "Beers Family " Traditional Singers and am now the last surviving member of the Beers Family.
I was a partner in the/Husband/Wife team (Eric and Martha Nagler from the 1970's -'77 and performed solo through the mid 1980s. I have traveled world wide on Cultural Exchange Tours, Concert Stage, Television & Radio and at Music Festivals, Schools and Universities throughout the United States, Canada, India, South America and the Caribbean Islands.
Personal Highlights: CarnegieHall, Lincoln Centre, The White House
I have recorded with Columbia Masterworks, Folk Legacy, Biograph, Philo, and Fox Hollow Productions.

Though I no longer perform, The music and many memories of the rich rewards of travel through-out the world among many cultures, is one of the motivating factors of my art and poetry. I am currently preparing a volume of poetry for publication.
 



Editor's Note:  Marty currently resides in Toronto, Ontario with her husband.


3 comments:

  1. Greetings Marty— It's your 2nd cousin Alton Accola contacting you. I was on FaceTime with Becky Boyer Hall the other day and of course, Bob, Evelyne, and Martha came up in the discussion. So I did some sleuthing and found you. I contacted Eric, who suggested I use the name Meshberg. I am retired from touring with orchestras. We even got to perform with the St. Louis Symphony (Becky's orchestra) and of course, we met you and Eveylne in Toronto. Feel free to contact me. I live with my wife Patrice in Apple Valley MN.
    lots of love~ alton
    alton.acola@fivebydesign.com
    www.BehindTheMic.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrong email: alton.accola@fivebydesign.com

    ReplyDelete